Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blogpost 7: Weight Shift Animation


For this activity, I am tasked to shift a weight of a simple model from the right leg, to the left leg. Making it into an animation, I have to focus on mainly the hip movement to give the motion of the model a realistic one.

This is the model that I will be using for this activity.

By focusing on the hip movement, I am able to complete the task but there are a couple of things learnt. Recalling on the Animation Principles that I have learnt in Introduction to 3D, I added in Anticipation at the start of the animation. Also, having Secondary Actions are found in the animation I made, seen in the video below. Keeping track of the time intervals for the different poses are crucial to creating a realistic animation. Before starting the animating, I placed keyframes and marked down them for the different start/poses. And frames beside them will be used with Anticipation in the animation. Through this activity, I have recalled all the Animation Principles and made me understand there are many different things to look out for in an animation.


This is the result of the activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment