Monday, October 31, 2011

Blogpost 3: Animate Spiderman






Tasked to animate a standing Spiderman to an upside down hanging one.





This is the non-edited Spiderman pose.




The pose that I was tasked to animate.


I started by moving the knees and feet into position.



Then I started moving the arms and wrist of the model.




I moved the arms of the model into position.



Next, I went on to move the fingers of the model, to show its holding onto a string.



This is the end result of me moving the fingers. Not just plain fist, they are shaped to look like
they are holding onto strings, which looks like a triangular shape.



Weight is added to the knees by moving it downwards towards the ground,
showing the presence of gravity.




The shape of the spine is a smooth curve, which makes the model look more realistic.




Moving the shoulders and the back posture to the side to make it more organic.




This is my end result of today's lesson.

This is the second pose that I'm going to create.

 This is my end result of the 2nd pose I've made.

 This is my 3rd pose that I'm going to model after.

This is the end result of the 3rd pose.


After today's lesson, I've learnt how to make use of the controls of the model to move it into the different positions. Also, I've learnt from Mr. James that shifting every part of the model do help to make the model more organic and realistic. The curve of the backbone is very important to show a very a organic body posture of the model. Through this lesson, it somehow started my strong interest in animation and I really do wish to do more of such things again. Though drawings are cool and fun to me, but it'll be awesome if I can make those 2D images come to life in 3D. I enjoyed today's lesson a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment